Fundamentals of Remote Sensing and GIS
- This course introduces students to the basics of remote sensing, characteristics of remote sensors, and applications in academic disciplines and professional industries.
- The course will equip you with everything you need to get started within the field of Remote Sensing and GIS.
- This should be your go-to course when it comes to understanding Remote Sensing and GIS, especially if you’re a beginner!
- You are a beginner? Don’t worry, the course has been designed to start from the foundational principles of remote sensing and GIS such that a beginner will easily understand.
- At the end of this course, you will understand and master the concepts of Remote Sensing and Geographic Information system (GIS).
- You will be able to explain how Remote Sensing and GIS are relevant to solve real-world problems.
Introduction to the Course
This takes you through what you are expected to learn in the course.
Module 1 - Fundamentals of Remote Sensing
Basic Concepts and principles of Remote Sensing
The definition and types of Remote Sensing
Principles of Remote Sensing
Definitions and understanding of atmospheric scattering.
Definition and Understanding of Displacement of Electromagnetic Radiation
What happens when electromagnetic radiation is displaced?
Types of Atmospheric Scattering
Different types of how displacement happens to electromagnetic radiation in the atmosphere.
Application of Remote Sensing
What Remote Sensing can be used for?
Module one Quiz
Module 2 - Fundamentals of Geographic Information System
What is GIS?
Definitions and concepts of GIS?
GIS Data Types
Different types of data in GIS
Applications of GIS
What GIS can be used for?
Module Two Quiz
Module 3 - The integration of Remote sensing and GIS
How GIS complements Remote Sensing
The Harmonization between Remote Sensing and GIS
Module Three Quiz
Module 4 - Remote Sensing Platforms
Sensor and Sensor Types
Definition of Sensor and the different types of sensors
Characteristics of Image Data
Explains the different types and use of data characteristics.
Module Four Quiz
Module 5 - Remote Sensing Platforms
Introduction of Remote Sensing
Ground Based Platform
This deals with sensors that acquire data from the ground surface.
Air borne based Platform
This deals with sensors acquiring image data from the atmosphere.
Space based Platform
This deals with sensors acquiring images from space.
Module Five Quiz
Module 6 - Imagery Download and Image Restoration
How to download Remote sensing Imagery
Image Restoration Concepts and types.
Types of Image Restoration Techniques
Types of image rectification in detail.
Image Rectification Principles
Principles that deal with Image Rectification
Module Six Quiz
Be the first to add a review.
Please, login to leave a review