Mastering SQL query with MySQL server
ABOUT THE COURSE
SQL is Structured Query Language, which is a computer language for storing, manipulating and retrieving data stored in a relational database.
It is the standard language for Relational Database System. All the Relational Database Management Systems (RDMS) like MySQL, MS Access, Oracle, Sybase, Informix, Postgres and SQL Server use SQL as their standard database language. In this tutorial i’m going to be making use of mysql relational database management system in teaching.
WHY YOU NEED TO KNOW SQL
SQL is widely popular because it offers the following advantages −
- Allows users to access data in the relational database management systems.
- Allows users to describe the data.
- Allows users to define the data in a database and manipulate that data.
- Allows to embed within other languages using SQL modules, libraries & pre-compilers.
- Allows users to create and drop databases and tables.
- Allows users to create view, stored procedure, functions in a database.